No Products in the Cart
*Updates for the Pre-orders and orders placed from Jan 30th 2024 and onwards. PLEASE READ
- All Pre-orders will be shipped starting February 5th 2024 in the order they are received!
- Pre-orders for livestock can not be cancelled once placed.
- Orders with only dry goods or without pre-order items will be shipped out as usual.
- Local pick up for livestock orders that are in-stock and not pre-orders can still be booked, however if your order contains any pre-order items they will have to be picked up after February 5th 2024.
General Updates for Winter Season (Updated December 2023*)
- Due to shipping delays out of BC during the holiday shipping season combined with the cold weather, all orders for livestock will closed until the end of January 2024.
- Shipping will resume in February if weather permits, if temperature at your location is too cold for the shrimp to survive we reserve the right to postpone your order until weather improves.
- Orders with only dry goods will still be shipped, but please expect possible delays.
Shipping Methods and Details:
We ship livestock and dry goods using Canada Post or UPS (at buyer’s request). For livestock, boxes are lined with styrofoam insulation and a heat pack during winter months (November - February) or cold weather at our discretion. Shipments will always go out on the next possible Monday following your order. Cut off for orders to be shipped the following Monday is Saturday at 11:59pm (PST). Special requests for shipping on different days can be made, but they may void any DOA policies we have. During cold weather at the sending or receiving location we reserve the right to postpone shipments, if you would like us to ship regardless of weather warnings this may void any DOA policies we have.
DOA Policy: (Dead on Arrival):
We always send the healthiest livestock with the safest packing methods. However, sometimes the shock of travel can be too much for the livestock and some may arrive dead. In such cases, please contact us within two hours of the package’s arrival with pictures of all DOAs in the bag and we will credit your account with the livestock that were DOA according to the policy below (i.e. We will include the replacement livestock in your next order). If that particular livestock is unavailable at the time of your next order, the monetary amount ($) will be deducted from your next order payment amount (i.e. store credit). Sometimes extra livestock are included in the order, free of charge, and the DOA policy does NOT apply to these (i.e. NOT eligible for store credit upon DOA). For all livestock, we recommend the fastest shipping methods to ensure their safe arrival. In addition it is important to note that Canada post will not insure livestock only dry goods.
(Packages that arrive late due to circumstances out of our control are moved to the next DOA bracket down. Example: 1 day shipping actually takes 2 days to arrive because of a delay caused by the postal service)
For the DOA policy to be honoured, the following conditions must be met:
(Example: Your order of 25 cherry shrimps arrive after 3 day shipping and 2 are DOA. If they are in stock on your next order we will send 1 Cherry shrimp with your order free of charge. If they are not in stock, $1.00* ($1.00 x 2 shrimps x 50% DOA = $1.00) will be deducted from your next order payment amount.)
Returns and cancellations:
All sales on livestock are final, once you've placed your livestock order it can not be cancelled. If you would like us to hold your order, contact us and we can hold your order so it ships a different week instead. Otherwise it will go out the next possible Monday.
Dry goods can be returned if unused/unopened within 7 days of purchasing, with the buyer paying the return shipping cost. Please contact us before sending your return package. Once the return has been received, we will credit your account with the refund amount ($) that can be used on your next order(s). NO RETURNS ON ITEMS ON SALE. Restocking for cancellations will incur a 5% fee.
Tim’s Shrimpery and Aquatics does not have a store front. However, please contact us regarding pick-up arrangements. We are located in West Vancouver, BC and can meet in the surrounding area. Farther locations and drop-offs will be charged on a case by case basis.
*Updates on pick up orders due to Covid*
- All pick ups are now contactless, we do not accept cash sorry. We can also no longer meet at different locations, all pick ups must be from our location where we can ensure it is contact free for the safety of yourself as well as us.
Terms of service:
When you place an order you have acknowledged that you have read and understood our shipping policies in it's entirely. Once you have placed an order you have agreed to our shipping policies. If you have any questions or if anything is unclear please contact us before you placed your order!